Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Video games relax him; they help him unwind; playing video games is one of his favorite hobbies.

So when he mentions that he can get in a couple of games before our dinner company arrives, I sigh and whine.

He says, "how about the first person to the family room gets control of the television?" He smiles whistfully.

I never agree but five minutes into our next, and separate, conversation, he jumps up from the bed and begins laughing while running for the door. It takes me a second to process just exactly what my husband is up to, but when I finally do, I am able to catch him at the bedroom door. He shakes free of me, opens the door and bolts for the family room.

I run beside him and when we reach the family room, I leap over the couch and grab the remotes while he slides onto the carpeted floor and presses the power button on his ps3. He cackles in victory, but as I slide from the couch to the floor, he realizes he doesn't have the ps3 controller. I giggle as I push the controller away from his grasp. He strattles me and tries to pin me down but every time he reaches for the controller, I manage to wiggle free and tickle his armpits. After several episodes like this, he manages to obtain the coveted controller and raises it high above his head in triumph.

Little does he know that I still have the remote to the system. I press the button to power it down. Lucky for him, he intercepts just in time.

We continue laughing; him still sitting on me, until I give in and let him play.

No comments: